Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: (FT) Resident Advisor ($15hr $10hr sleep hrs) & $750 Sign-on bonus!
Job Description: The Resident Advisor is responsible for supervising the youth, teaching the youth life skills, daily operation of the site, and transportation of youth for certain activities. Under the authority of the Senior Vice President, Director, and Associate Director and reports directly to the Resident Advisor Coordinator.
- To provide quality supervision to assigned youth during assigned shifts, evenings, overnights, and weekends. This includes being on-site, engaging youth, planning activities, and supporting youth life skills. Successfully engage youth in implementing their individual plan using positive youth development, trauma-informed and culturally appropriate frameworks.
- Oversee site maintenance/cleanliness in compliance with program, county, state and federal regulations and private grant requirements, as applicable; responsible for timely submission of follow-up paperwork.
- Administer medication to assigned youth in compliance with regulations.
- Provide or facilitate transportation for youth.
- Meet with the youth according to program requirements to model and practice activities of daily living skills with youth, including, but not limited to: academic and career planning, permanent relationships/mentoring, housing/household maintenance, priority setting, money management, and health and wellness.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Youth House policies, practices, and procedures.
- Build genuine relationships that support families, ensure safe places, and help youth achieve their desired futures.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
This agency is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Valley Youth House provides all applicants for employment and all employees with equal opportunity for employment and promotion without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all VYH facilities, participation in VYH sponsored activities and all employment actions such as hiring, job assignments, promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
- A mature individual with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of the independent living program.
- Possess sound judgment and knowledge of adolescent development and behavior.
- Proficient in computer knowledge & skills (i.e. Microsoft Windows software); familiarity with the operations of external databases and Google Suite is desired.
- Never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required, combined with one-year of experience working with adolescents is preferred.