Valley Youth House empowers and strengthens the lives of children, youth and families through inclusive programming that builds resilience and fosters growth and independence.
We are currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the following position: PT - Housing Innovation Coordinator ($22hr - $24hr)
Job Description: The Housing Innovation Coordinator (HIC) will work closely and collaboratively with Lehigh County and Pinebrook Family Answers. The Coordinator supports the two Housing Innovation Specialists. The HIC will educate providers and other community stakeholders on housing resources with the goal of eliminating the need for youth to enter or remain in foster care due to lack of appropriate housing. The Coordinator will be point of contact for the program, assign cases, triage cases as needed based on acuity of need, provide housing expertise to referring sources, and handle reporting and invoicing. The Coordinator will get the word out to the local social service community about the program, share out to all community partners housing resource information gathered, act as point of contact for LCOCYS and participate in LV RHAB and CRT Housing Subcommittee meetings.
- Provide supervision to the Housing Innovation Specialists (HIS) including assigning, monitoring and maintaining caseload.
- Develop and implement plan to educate local agencies and partners on the program and facilitate cooperation.
- Identify community resources that can support program goals and establish relationships.
- Create and manage program reports. Develop improvement plans and measure progress.
- Ensure that defined program goals are met.
- Manage program budget and provide billing information as required.
- Work with Pinebrook program management to assess program performance and develop improvement plans as required.
- Provide performance feedback to Pinebrook management for the Pinebrook funded HIS.
- Document work in the database in line with agency time frames, protocols and procedures
- Act as point of contact for LCOCYS and participate in LV RHAB and CRT Housing Subcommittee meetings.
- Represent the program and agency in a professional manner and maintain positive community relationships.
- Provide community education and information to stakeholders and Lehigh County caseworkers
- Clear and effective communication with the clients, case manager, and other community referral sources.
- Participate in weekly scheduled supervision with HIS.
- Participate in statewide meetings to discuss best practices and challenges.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Youth House policies, practices, and procedures.
- Build genuine relationships that support families, ensure safe places, and help youth achieve their desired futures.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- Timely and accurate completion of personnel materials (ie. time sheets, mileage reimbursement, etc.)
- Complete other related tasks as appropriate or assigned.
- Possibility of working weekends and/or nights, as needed
- An individual 21 years or older with the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of positive youth development and trauma-informed care.
- Possess sound judgment
- Display organizational skills and be highly adept at managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- Successful team members are creative thinkers, flexible in their approaches to people and projects, and are capable of working with diverse groups of the population.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and ability to operate agency vehicles.
- Ability to navigate stairs is highly preferred (as some locations are not always handicap friendly).
- Proficient in computer knowledge & skills (i.e. Microsoft Windows software); familiarity with the operations of external databases and Google Suite is desired.
- Never have been convicted of any prohibited criminal or child abuse offense.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English is preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience preferred, knowledge of the Child Welfare or Housing System preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in human services OR an equivalent combination of experience (in the field) with higher education, or lived experience is preferred.
This agency is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Valley Youth House provides all applicants for employment and all employees with equal opportunity for employment and promotion without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by state or federal law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all VYH facilities, participation in VYH sponsored activities and all employment actions such as hiring, job assignments, promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.